Promotional Video ● Website ● Support Forums
Apparance is a procedural generation plug-in designed to allow the interactive visual authoring of detailed and expansive 3D worlds. A play-space for procedural logic and their use in the generation of environments and objects. A fusion of programming and modelling that gives extensive control over your applications procedural elements.
Watch the Promotional Video for a full rundown of the capabilities of Apparance.
The Apparance project is inspired by the flexibility of non-linear and node-based editing systems used in film, television, and games. The amazing compression achieved by the demo-scene using mathematics and procedural generation points towards the vast possibilities of large scale procedurally built game worlds.
Visit www.apparance.uk to find out more and see showcase projects using Apparance.
A non-commercial demo/trial version is also available, see the Apparance Products Page for details.
Build Smart Objects
- Build smart procedural objects out of your assets.
- Drive placement of meshes, blueprints, components and their properties.
- Parameterise in any way you need to drive generation logic.
- Experiment with procedural generation of meshes* too.
Add Variety, Save Time
- Increase variety in your game with unique generated assets
- Save time and resources populating the spaces in your world
- Build re-usable and modular objects
Fully Interactive Editing
- Enjoy fully interactive editing of parameters, graph structure, and all internal values.
- Scrub through the parameter space to find the results you are after.
- Rapidly test thousands of combinations as you work.
- Rapidly iterate on your designs, play with graph configuration, explore your parameter space.
- Drag-and-drop connections and procedures to experiment.
High Speed Run-time Generation
- Fully run-time multi-threaded background generation
- Mesh* accumulation and instanced rendering support
- Allows for endless unique creations and experiences
Node Based Editor
- Use node based scripting to author* your procedural logic.
- Create powerful hierarchies of procedures yet manage graph complexity by building up a library of re-usable parts.
- It's procedures all the way down until you reach a fundamental operator that does the work.
- Detailed documentation available online for plugin and editor
- Directory of fundamental procedural operators
- Support forums for questions, reporting, and discussion
- Mesh generation is currently an experimental feature, to be expanded in future release.
- Procedures are authored live within a separate standalone editor application that the plugin downloads automatically on first use.
- This is the professional commercial version of Apparance for use in paid-for products and fully funded projects. To try out the plugin or use in other scenarios (e.g. education, game-jams, evaluation, or non-profit projects) you can purchase the non-commercial demo version for a reduced fee, see the Apparance Products Page for details.
Technical DetailsCode Modules: Runtime, Scripting, and Editor modules.
Blueprint support: 30+ blueprint functions and nodes to provide detailed control of procedural objects.
C++ Classes: Apparance Entity Actor for placement and management of placed/generated 3D content.
Unreal Versions: 4.25 (legacy), 4.26, 4.27, and 5.0
Development Platforms: Windows 64
Target Build Platforms: Windows 64 (more available on request, at an additional fee per-project per-platform)
Website: www.apparance.uk, and Support Forums
Documentation: Plugin, Editor, Core Concepts
Example Project: Apparance Unreal Examples
Video Examples: Medieval Building Timelapse & Dungeon generation and run-through