Join the HyperReuts gaming and development Discord Channel for generic chat and support! Would love to speak to you there.
Video based on Axe
Video based on projectile
You probably need a very easy to use auto-landscape material for your environment. Check out this super advanced, but still drag and drop photorealistic auto landscape material for a very sharp price!
Also Mineable Rocks are a must!
- Two character examples: Axe animation based AND Projectile based interaction.
- Master Blueprint to configure TreeCutting actor
- Master Blueprint to configure Log blueprint for later use in e.g. inventory system
- Example Map with explanation
- Example trees and configuration from Epic games Open world collection for example purposes
- On demand via the community: Point based damage logic, for e.g. ESRPG integration
Workflow importing own tree
Technical DetailsTo configure a tree: Create a child blueprint of the BP_TreeCutting_Master.
Here you are able to configure:
· Duration before logs are spawning
· Life: How many hits does the tree require to be chopped down?
· Delete after time fallen: How many seconds does the actor (All parts, e.g. trunk, scene components and any other actor information) needs to be alive after the tee is cut? Note: The fallen logs will remain because they are spawned as separate actors.
· Destroy actor after inactivity: How many seconds does the tree needs to be alive after the tree is touched? This is necessary due to performance and cleanup purposes.
· Log to spawn: Define your own log with own variables.
· Falling tree sound: Which sound to use when the tree is falling
· The meshes for the trees. Top, middle (Destructible mesh) Trunk and the Original tree.
After the tree is chopped, a log is spawned. This log is a blueprint so you are able to configure it for your inventory system.
Number of Blueprints: 9 (2 master, 4 tree examples, 3 log examples)
Supported Development Platforms:
Not tested with other platforms. It is assumed that it works fine on all platforms.
Documentation: Example maps with explanation
Engine version: Only tested on 2.26. It is assumed that it works fine on most recent versions.
Dependency: Apex Destruction Plugin must be enabled.