- Marketplace Link
YouTube channel visit | YouTube tutorials visit | Discord server join
Example of things that can be done with Definitive Painter
Definitive Painter is a 2D vector graphics library that allows you to draw 2D graphics based on vectors right in Unreal Engine. It is based on Skia by Google.
Definitive Painter extends the existing UMG system by adding new vector based widgets. Finally, you are no longer limited to drawing simple rectangles with textures. You can now draw circles, triangles, lines, paths that comprise intricate curves and even SVG images, all properly antialiased using MSAA. Your own imagination is your new limit when it comes to creating user interfaces in Unreal Engine.
The plugin supports gradients, noise generators, geometry-altering effects, many blend modes, animations, procedural shadows, mouse hit testing for any shape, and much more.
Everything is real-time, 100% vector and integrates seamlessly with UMG. Definitive Painter will draw a simple chart to be inserted into your existing GUI or the whole HUD for your project.
Because of its vector nature, you no longer need to switch between UE and your DCC tool in order to tune colors, widen contours, etc. You can do everything without the need to ever leave UE.
Technical DetailsFeatures List:
- Real-time rendering of vector graphics
- Seamless integration with UMG by introducing new Widgets
- Everything is properly antialiased
- Mouse interaction respecting the geometrical shape of Elements, not limited to the Widget bounding box
- Colored procedural shadows for Widgets
- 10 types of geometrical shapes including paths that allow you to create literally any shape you can imagine
- 4 types of fully customizable gradients
- 2 types of fully customizable noise generators
- 6 types of geometry-altering effects
- Gaussian blur filter
- 3 line cap types
- 3 line corner types
- 29 blend modes
- 5 boolean operations that allow you to combine shapes together
- 31 types of predefined animations that can be used to animate literally anything
- Stroked and filled geometry
- SVG importing and rendering; standard v1.1 is supported (animations and scripts are not supported at the moment)
- Text following a path
- Widget transformations
Network Replicated: N/A
Supported Development Platforms: Windows 64-bit, Linux 64-bit
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows 64-bit, Linux 64-bit
Documentation: View here
Example Project: Download here