- Marketplace Link
In web app development, it is very common that developers will use open-source icon packs in their web app. However, there is no convenient integration to UE4.
To use open source icon packs in UE4, you have to:
- Download each icon as png and import it to UE4 as texture.
- Download the font file and import it to UE4, and treat it as text. Then try to find and copy-paste the UNICODE of each icon.
This plugin provides a super-easy way to use open icons for user widget. It simplifies the use of open icons to choose the one you like by clicking on the detail panel. There also includes a gallery window to copy icon ID if you want to set icons dynamically in blueprints. The search function is also included in this plugin! Although the icons are initially text, you can convert them to texture as you what.
Custom icon packs are also supported now! You can integrate any font-based icon packs into your project like other open-source packs in this plugin.
- V1.1 Add support to convert icons to normal textures.
- V1.2 Add support for custom icon library pack.
Open Icon packs source repo:
- More than 4000 icons from 5 open-source icon packs are included!
- Visualize and choose icons in the detail panel!
- Set icon by ID with a helper widget to copy the ID!
- Search icon by icon name!
- Convert icons to textures
- Support for any font-based icon packs!
- OpenIcon [Runtime]
- OpenIconEditor [Editor]
Number of C++ Classes: 10
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Windows
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows
The icon is presented as text, not texture! But you can convert them to textures easily.