- Marketplace Link
The Path Follow plugin allows any actor to follow any spline path including relative/moving paths. The plugin gives you direct control over location, rotation and speed of following directly inside Unreal Engine 4 editor. Trigger any behavior using path event points.
Prototype rotation along a path with build-in rotation points generator.
Speed points allow for precise control over speed of following. Speed can be changed in runtime too.
Run any script or code when passing event point location.
Visualize and directly manipulate with any rotation, speed and event point (or multiple points) using UE4 editor standard rotation and translation widgets or context menu.
Fine tune rotation and speed in UE4 curve editor.
Built-in easing and looping support with seamless support for closed paths. Follower can also look at another scene component during location follow.
Prototype game cut scenes and more easily using the 'LookAt'
Ready for both Blueprint-only and code projects. No need for any C++ code in your project.
Works in VR and on Mobile.
Comes with examples project, detailed documentation and videos to get you started quickly and painlessly.
Crafted by professional experienced game programmer.
DOCUMENTATION (including FAQ): goo.gl/JroCCa
EXAMPLES DOWNLOAD: goo.gl/GWpkDP
UE4 Forum Thread: https://bit.ly/2Iiyx8Y
Technical DetailsList of Modules:
• PathFollow (Runtime)
List of Features:
• Follow any spline path, including moving/relative splines
• Support for manual (e.g. input driven) following
• Direct control over rotation along a spline path with rotation points
• Rotation points generator to ease rotation setup
• Speed points support for precise control over speed of following, speed can be changed in runtime too
• Support for event points - execute any script or code when passing event point location
• Visualize rotation, speed and event points in UE4 level editor
• Directly manipulate with any rotation, speed and event point (or multiple points) using UE4 standard rotation and translation widgets or context menu
• Support for global (per path) and local (per follower) rotation, speed and event points
• Path trajectory can be changed during runtime
• 'LookAt' another scene component during location follow, the 'LookAt' target scene component can follow it's own path at the same time
• Location and Rotation update mask - update only axis you need
• Visualize a spline path even if it isn't selected and in-game (e.g. for debug purposes)
• Path following could be start at any distance on spline path i.e. not just from the start of a spline path
• Numerous easing options: linear, circular, ease, exponential, sin
• Replay and ping-pong looping with seamless support for closed spline paths
• Reverse (from end of a spline path to start) following support
Documentation (including FAQ): goo.gl/JroCCa
Examples project download: goo.gl/GWpkDP