Please note: Characters are for demonstration only and are not included in this pack.
Looking for a more realistic way to dispose of your characters? Add Realistic Decomposition to your game! This asset can be added to your project in less than two minutes and is entirely non-destructive!
Watch your characters decay and rot over time, as flies make their home and maggots begin to spawn from the peeling flesh. The fabric will stain as the body decomposes underneath, moistening and seeping through to the surface. The skin and fabric will then begin to rot and dry out, becoming more wrinkled and decomposed over time, before fading away to ash, leaving nothing but a pile of squirming maggots.
- Easy Setup - Add the component, add the material function, customize to your preference and call the Begin Decay event On Death! That's it!
- Light-weight, flexible and works with all material types and skeletal meshes. E.g. flesh, fabric, hair/fur, eyes, etc.
- Niagara System and Material Function controlled by BP_Decay component can be customized to suit
**Watch the trailer to see the fly, maggot, and decay particles in action!**
Main FeaturesThis asset is made using a combination of material functions, Niagara systems, and a master blueprint component. It is lightweight (<45MB including example content) and works with flesh, fabric, humans, monsters, aliens, animals!
Eight-Layer Decomposition System with Fabric Awareness
(40 additional material parameters are exposed)
- Pre-Wound Staining
- Wound Growth
- Wound Edge Growth
- Wrinkling of the skin and creasing of the fabric
- Roughness changes based on wounds, stains, and base layer
- Hue/Wound Discolouration
- Opacity Fade Out
Three-Layer Niagara Particle System
- Vertex-Animated, sculpted, high-resolution mesh-maggots (400-12 triangles)
- High-Quality Fly Sprite
- High-Quality Special Decay Effect
- Controlled directly via the BP_Decay component, with seven exposed particle parameters to suit your requirements
BP_Decay - Blueprint Component
47 parameters allowing you to control
- This component can be added to any blueprint and can be activated by calling the Begin Decay event, no additional code is required
- Non-destructive, light-weight
Technical DetailsRelies on Niagara features included in 4.26+ above, this asset is not backward compatible, sorry!
Material Technical Stats:
4 texture sample slots (for world-aligned material functions)
132 additional material instructions
Type of Emitters: 1 Niagara System, 3 Emitters (1 CPU, 2 GPU)
Number of Unique Effects: 1 Niagara Decomposition system
Number of Materials: 1 Master Decay Material Function, 10 Material Functions for the Decay System, 5 Particle Master Materials, 1 Unique Decomposition Decal (Additional example materials included)
Number of Textures: 17
Number of Blueprints: 1 blueprint component (+ 5 examples)
Number of Unique Meshes: 1 Vertex Animated Maggot