Sky Creator is an extensive tool to control dynamic time of day and weather settings using realistic volumetric clouds and atmosphere in Unreal Engine 4. With a built-in weather preset system you can create endless amounts of different looking weather and lighting conditions and switch any of them in realtime.
Check out my other plugins & assets here.
Roadmap | Documentation
Video Demo #1 | Video Demo #2 (with RayTracing) | Runtime Timelapse Video
Important note: Sky Creator requires Niagara to be enabled to display some weather FX such as rain and snow. Sky Creator comes with 2 example blueprint controllers at "SkyCreatorPlugin Content/Blueprints". Also please be sure to check out an example map at "SkyCreatorPlugin Content/Maps".
How to use:
- Select "Lights" category in Place Mode
- And just drag Sky Creator onto your level
- Built upon native Volumetric Cloud & Sky Atmosphere components allowing high scalability
- Unified two-layered Volumetric Cloud material
- Weather Presets: allows you creating endless amounts of different looking weather and lighting conditions
- Modular design: you can easily control Sky Creator settings with your own time manager
- Highly art-directable and customizable: from vast realistic cloudscapes to stylized looking skies
- Simplified orbital model: you can set custom time for dawn, sunrise, sunset, dusk and for moon aswell
- Lightweight (as possible) and relatively easy to use
- Game-ready optimization
- Built-in Weather FX: Rain and Snow
- Photorealistic Starmap with rotation, moon phases, etc.
- 26 included Weather Preset examples - clear, cloudy, foggy, overcast, stylized etc.
- Network Replicated
Current Version: 1.05
Number of Blueprints: 3
Number of C++ Classes: 4
Network Replicated: Yes
Supported Development Platforms: Win32, Win64, Mac, Linux
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win32, Win64, Mac, Linux