This product is a combined pack, available separately:
Quick StartPDF Documentation - Highly recommended
Discord - Need assistance? Send me a message!
Email - email@example.com
VideosThe Last of Us Inspired Scene by Michael Gerard
Teaser Trailer - Sedan
Teaser Trailer - Van
BP_Drivable - 2.0 Update Showcase
BP_Interactable + Editor Optimizations (1500+ interactive vehicles, 120fps demonstration)
Proxy texture generation + adding new materials
Updates & RoadmapUpdate 2.1.4 (27/08) is now live!
OverviewThis asset is filled with a lot of features. I highly recommend reading the documentation and watching the videos to fully understand the scope of this asset. Briefly, the main features are interactable vehicles, and drivable vehicles with multiplayer support.
- All blueprints fully replicated for multiplayer
- Infinite variations
- Advanced Drivable Blueprint - Burnouts, screeching, tire decals, a complete lighting system (headlights/night-mode, brakes, indicators), engine/tire sounds, and satisfying physics. Drag and drop, and supports character controller switching.
- Functional odometer/RPM + animated gear stick/steering wheel
- Advanced Interactable Procedural Vehicle Blueprints that work with Foliage Actors for instanced, dynamic, destructible, and interactable vehicles.
- Destructible (windows, side mirrors, antenna, wipers)
- Advanced Event Buttons that allow you to regenerate the selected vehicle, or all vehicles on the map, for rapid iteration and prototyping
- ~100 exposed procedural parameters
- Fully customizable paint jobs - Custom Albedo Masks
- Foliage and Moss Simulations - Simulations have been run in third-party software and imported into Unreal for realistic coverage. (22 unique foliage meshes and 20 shared foliage meshes per vehicle)
- Expandable Proxy Mesh System
- Custom hand-modeled simplified collision meshes
- Hand-made and calibrated LOD's and single draw-call proxy meshes
- Animated, sound effects, particles - Game-ready and optimized!
Complete & Game Ready
This asset is game-ready. It contains animations, sound effects, and particles so you can be confident you are purchasing an actual game-ready asset, that can be drag-and-dropped, without requiring additional sounds or particles. The only setup required is for your character controller (<5 mins).
Drivable - Custom Skeleton and Skeletal Mesh
An advanced replicated drivable demo is included. Control the doors/boot/hood, wheels, and steering wheel. The gear stick will animate as the car automatically shifts gears. Swap between interior/exterior view, to view a functional odometer + RPM meter. Stationary burnouts,momentum-based tire decals, and sound effects are included, as well as satisfying engine sounds. Particles are provided for the exhaust, burnouts, and decals. The lights are fully set up with channel-packed emissive masks and configured lighting for realistic headlights (night mode), indicators, and brakes. These lights have been tested in different environments and look great out of the box.
A fully rigged Skeletal Mesh version of the vehicle is included. It has a custom skeleton and includes bones for:
- Each Individual Wheel
- Each Individual Door
- Steering Wheel
- Gear Stick
Level Designer Friendly
Level designer-friendly, with extensive designer tools, allowing you to generate thousands of vehicles quickly, without having to worry about performance (editor + ingame optimizations run independently). The designer tools are easy to use with event buttons, giving you complete control over the generation tools, as opposed to the construction script which runs on map load, etc.
Procedural Vehicle Generation
Produce near-infinite vehicle variations with the custom BP_Interactable blueprint. It includes ~100 exposed parameters giving you complete control over a generation. Tooltips have been provided for each exposed parameter, allowing you to quickly understand what each feature provides. A full list of parameters can be seen in the .pdf documentation.
Instanced Dynamic Meshes
Custom blueprint functions have been created to seamlessly swap instanced static meshes, with movable static meshes. This allows you have to thousands of vehicles while maintaining a reasonable number of draw-calls. This also allows for some parts of the vehicle to be destructible e.g. the windows, the side mirrors, windscreen wipers, and antenna. All of these dynamic meshes are cleaned up at a user-defined distance. More information can be found in the .pdf documentation. All LOD's are made by hand and each LOD screen size is adjusted for the best results.
Foliage Tools and Integration
In Unreal Engine 4.25 above, the new Foliage Actor component is leveraged allowing you to paint and procedurally generate interactable vehicles into your map. This allows for rapid prototyping and can be useful for populating long stretches of highway, junkyards, etc.
Interior and Bonuses
A high detailed interior, bottom/base, and engine are included. Flat tire variations are included and tires can be removed completely with 3D suspension and axles being visible. These vehicles will look good from any angle, inside out or upside down. They are highly modular and highly detailed.
Foliage (Leaf/Moss coverage)
Mesh simulations are done outside of Unreal and imported allowing each vehicle to be uniquely cluttered with over 15 different leaf clutter variations and 7 cinematic quality mossy coverage variations.
Sound Effects and Particles
Sound effects are included for the lootable interactions. The doors will creak and slam shut. The leaves will flutter as they fall away when you open the boot. The glass will shatter with a satisfying effect. The engine will roar and the tires will screech. Each sound is configured with basic attenuation and 3D settings for convincing results when interacting with the vehicles.
These actors can detect player distance, use almost no resources when idle, and clean up after themselves with a variety of optimization levels (medium and far distance). There is logic to prevent doors from opening when they shouldn't or leaves from spawning when they shouldn't. This product has gone through extensive testing to ensure no undesirable generation or clipping will occur when producing new variations. All optimizations run independently from each other allowing you to disable/enable them without concern.
Technical DetailsTexture Variations
Clean, aged, mossy, and burnt material variations. These variations all come with unique albedo masks allowing for complete control over the vehicle's paint color, without affecting areas of the vehicle that are unpainted/rusted/dirty.
Intentionally left blank. You can modify the texture, or attach your own model to suit your game's world!
- BP_Interactable (Main blueprint for interactable vehicle placement)
- BP_FirstPersonCharacter (Basic FPS character that has been modified to send interaction events to the vehicle)
- 8 Demo Maps (for each vehicle)
Skeleton/Rigged: Custom skeleton
Collision: Yes, Custom/Automatically Generated
- Per Vehicle Average: 50,000-60,000 triangles LOD0 to 489 Single Drawcall Proxy Mesh
- Cinematic Moss: 469,000 to 5,000. With instancing and aggressive culling these can be used in-game, but they should be reserved for Hero Objects, Cinematics, or used with caution. All other assets/components are lightweight, this is included as a bonus for those who would like it.
Number of Materials and Material Instances: 10 Master, 1 Material Function, 88 Instances
Number of Textures: 134
Texture Resolutions: 4k for most textures, 1k for proxy meshes