The "Email Plugin" easily allows you to send emails using an email address from within your game/application. The plugin makes sure that any heavy code is run in the background asynchronously so that the game/application thread never gets halted. The plugin also offers an editor module which makes it easy to store various email accounts and retrieve them from inside any Blueprints at run-time. Custom text fields and Blueprint node pins keep passwords hidden and safe so that multiple people can collaborate on a project without having to reveal email's passwords.
The plugin allows to fully customise your emails by adding attachments, embedding images within the email message and specify sender name and subject.
- Send and customise emails
- Embed image attachments or image URLs within emails
- Supports custom SMTP server. Tested with Amazon SES.
- Nodes with passwords text fields
- Custom asset to manage accounts
- Supports GMAIL, OUTLOOK and YAHOO
- EmailPlugin (Runtime)
- EmailPluginEditor (Editor)
Number of C++ Classes: 16
Network Replicated: No
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows, Android
Documentation: button in the toolbar brings up a window with the PDF documentation link and all the video tutorials links. Inside "EmailPluginContent/UMG" find UMG example of how to use the plugin.
- TO SEND EMAILS USING THE PLUGIN YOU MUST ENABLE ALLOW THIRD PARTY APPS IN YOU EMAIL. TUTORIAL VIDEOS INCLUDED. IF YOU ARE TESTING THE APP FROM THE LINK ABOVE USE THE BUILT IN EMAILS OPTIONS.
- DUE TO PLUGINS LIMITATIONS IN UE4 IF YOU ARE BUILDING FOR ANDROID THE PLUGIN WILL HAVE TO BE PLACED INSIDE THE PROJECT FOLDER AND REGARDLESS OF THE TARGET PLATFORM YOUR PROJECT MUST BE A C++ PROJECT.