COALA (Context Aware Location Assessment) is a one-stop-shop for any kind of real-world-data (geolocation, time, weather, moon phases etc. up to specialized crime data).
Showcase - Tutorial
Use the COALA plugin to create in-app maps with streets, buildings, rivers, etc. Get information about buildings, restaurants & supermarkets. Create your own static or dynamic POIs, pitch and match location, weather, moon phases and more. Define terrains on a grid basis. Access a skybox with real world weather conditions and moon phases. This plugin also provides for GPS mapping and other tools. Create a real world product with all the tech in place and responsible use of data rates.
This package requires a COALA account, which is a subscription based service. The purchase of this package includes a trial period of 6 months, where the subscription fee does not apply. Please note, that every month includes 10’000 free requests per month. If your project exceeds the 10’000 requests per month, you will be charged a fee per request. This also applies to the trial period.
After the 6 months trial period, a subscription fee of 59.99€ per month applies, which can be cancelled on a monthly basis.
- Pick data points to create your map
- Render the map in your game style with full customization options
- Add streets or buildings and use their real world heights
- Add data layers like weather and moon phases
- Create your own static and dynamic POIs
- Fill the world with interesting information on a grid layer
- Use the skybox to show sun, clouds and moon, rain, mist or snow
- Includes GPS mapping of player
- Loading/Unloading of areas in relation to GPS position
- Create responsive maps where players can see the movement of others
- Define specific places on the map to create different zones
- Additional data points e.g. crime or transportation data for specific areas are available upon request
- This SDK also includes a project with full visualization and free customization options
- One free example map. Two more maps (Sci-fi / Low-Poly) with different styles (separate downloads) available
Number of Blueprints: 23
Number of C++ Classes: 49
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: PC
Supported Target Build Platforms: Android, iOS, PC, Mac
Documentation - Patch Notes