Improve your game's runtime performance by using an object pool!
Object pools can be used for spawning hundreds or thousands of actors at once without experiencing huge performance drops. Useful for bullet-hell type games and VR/Mobile platforms!
You can also get access to the private source code repository on GitHub after purchasing this plugin! Just send me an email of the receipt that you purchased this plugin and your GitHub username to email@example.com, then I'll add you to the repo and give you access!
Demo build 1 (NoPool-NoPhysics): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMSZYebtYUMh7cmHJnWNN_AXixXikxn0/
Demo build 2 (NoPool-Physics): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s1sj6N9cwjkGdbciUDEYn0JCSY7yJQ2y/
Demo build 3 (WithPool-NoPhysics): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nVN4ChqE8Zse-Zr3ix3UOZ587cGK6OBA/
Demo build 4 (WithPool-Physics): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gRz5AbSDay9aS76cDy7_ZHE2KFPuPdiG/
Technical DetailsSupport Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jVw7YAr
- Two Options: World-specific object pool or Actor-specific object pool
- Ability to set the max lifetime (in seconds) of a pooled actor
- Improve game performance by up-to 2X
- Warm up pool over many frames
- Asynchronously retrieve an actor from the pool
Number of Blueprints: 0
Number of C++ Classes: 8
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development & Target Build Platforms: Win64, Win32, MacOS, Linux, PS4, XB-ONE, iOS, Android, Steam VR, Gear VR, Oculus, HoloLens
Example Project (4.25 only): An example project can be requested at anytime through the support discord server (link above)
- If you don't have the latest engine version installed, you may not have the latest plugin version.
- Updates are pushed out for the 2 latest engine releases only.