The turnkey examples include lasers, projectiles, explosions, electric arcs interacting with the environment, storms, and effects bouncing from target to target. However, you will be able to create your own VFX using the numerous emitters offered. If you are new to Niagara: All blueprints are included (+Tutorials).
Epic MegaJam 2020: This product is one of the prizes!
Update 1.3 : New effects.
Update 1.4 : 22 new effects.
UPDATE 1.4 For UE4 4.25 / 4.26 (Environments and characters not included)
UPDATE 1.3 for UE4 4.25 / 4.26
BONUS : A map with all effects reworked to be optimized for VR (Currently, you will need to disable Instanced Stereo).
Works on mobiles : Use VR effects for better performance.
- 4.24: Discharge between 2 points, Electric arcs, Laser, Storm, Projectile, Explosion, Transmission, Static Mesh, Skeletal Mesh
- 4.25, Same effets + : Skeletal mesh (more parameters + Flat version), Static mesh (more parameters + flat version), permanent arc, Electric aura, Shields (spherical or customizable), New Storm, Tornado, Decal - select, Lightning trail, Material function.
- The effects are fully configurable (color, intensity, thickness, distortion, style etc.)
- Static Mesh : You only need to add the effect to the component (and adjust parameters)
- The effects can very easily be adapted to your own projects.
- The effects can be adapted to realistic or stylized projects (Use the parameters and the VR assets to accentuate the stylized aspect).
- UE 4.25 - improved Effects > Skeletal Mesh, Static Mesh and Storm (procedural lightning and more parameters)
Type of Emitters: (CPU)
Number of Unique Effects: 15 (+15: VR) + 4.25 : 9 (+8)
Number of Materials: 13 (+4: VR) + 4.25 : 4 (+1)
Number of Textures: 9 + 4.25 : 6
Number of Blueprints: 15 (+11: VR) + 4.25 : 12 (+11)
Number of Unique Meshes: 1 + 4.25 : 6
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: (Not tried)
Documentation: My youtube channel : Here
Support : firstname.lastname@example.org
Important/Additional Notes: Make sure you enable « Niagara Plugin » (UE4 4.24) in your UE4 project (Edit > Plugins > FX > Niagara)