FGear is a custom vehicle physics solution that helps you build arcade or semi-arcade style racing games. It is mostly focused on 4 wheel cars but multi axle setups are also possible. The library consists of a core module and some extra components that were used while making the example project.
Sandbox Demo Video : https://youtu.be/BClRdj3U8w0
Disclaimer: The red sports car model in the sandbox video is not included in the package or the example project.
Technical DetailsCore features:
- Adjustable integration steps.
- Simplified pacejka, pacejka96 and MF6.1 tire model options.
- 3D wheel support(multiple raycasts or sphere/convex cast).
- Simple engine model with a torque curve.
- Configurable auto/sequential/manual(h-pattern) transmissions.
- Open, locked or limited slip differentials.
- Ackerman steering, toe and camber.
- Adjustable torque and brake distribution of axles.
- Simple spring/damper suspensions with preload option.
- Multi axle setup support.
- AeroDynamics component for drag and downforce effects.
- Standard input manager with keyboard,joystick and wheel+shifter support.
- Driving aids like abs, asr, esp and anti roll bars.
- Detailed telemetry ui.
- Basic save/load system for fast prototyping.
- Adjustable 3rd person camera.
- Sample visual&sound effects like engine, skid and muzzle effects.
- Custom collider component for separating collision from inertia.
- Basic AI driver.
Number of C++ Classes: 30
Network Replicated: (Yes)
Supported Development Platforms: Windows
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows,Android
Documentation: Pdf download here also check the Youtube channel
Example Project: Download here